Thursday 29 March 2012

Wife of the Farmer


My Love,

Standing by the door
I wait for you,
Dawn to dusk
Though my feet are numb
But a glance at your face
Takes my pain away


My Love,

Your eyes speak of the day
You don’t need to talk
I can hear every word
And I can read your every thought  


My Love,

Let me pick the beads of sweat
With gentle kisses
And wipe your forehead
With my fingers


My Love,

Let me pour you glass of wine
And kindle sparks,
On your dry lips

And I will watch you, 
drink it sip by sip

Let me look at you
With love...
flaring in my eyes
melting in my words


My Love,

Your cheeks are burning with heat
And your veins are swollen
Rest your head on my heart
And flow through me

Fill me with your burning breath
And take my peace


My Love,

I am your land
Let me grow you, a tree thick and green
In its shade, you can rest
Until another dawn


My Love,

the blisters on your palms
are my diamonds
the scars on your feet
is my gold

So let me hold your hands in mine
And Let me kiss your feet
until you fall asleep...
until ...
you leave again for the fields












No comments:

Post a Comment