Sunday 11 March 2012

The Healer


I lay before you wounded and bleeding
Heal me, Oh my healer
I asked the one I thought was you
And wounds I got were deeper
Heal me, my healer with your water holy and pure
I lay before you in pain but brave
Bless me with a drop from your fountain;
Pour it on my parched lips, and I’ll be cured
And I won’t beg for more
I will see you again, in another face,
at another time
heal me, my healer so that I can walk
hold me in your grip firm
and make me stand on my feet again
with your kindness beaming at me through your eyes
give me a reason to smile
my healer, make my heart fertile
so I can grow love
And feed the land of hungry, and help the poor
Though I am hungry and I am poor
But my lord, I have you
And you make me gold with your touch of Midas
You make me rich, you make me sated
And bless me with the wealth that can’t be stolen, that can’t be lost
Oh my healer, heal my scars and wash away the filth
My wounds are full of dirt,
my face is dark and burnt
and who will take a broken toy but you
Heal me, my healer
I give myself to you

No comments:

Post a Comment