Saturday 28 April 2012

Vows


I have a million reasons to love you,
But not a word to tell you why...

If it were for your eyes so deep,
If it were for your voice so sweet,
I would know.
But when I look at you, all I see is your soul,
Staring back at mine
and the rest forgotten, vanished.

You spend your days in building palaces,
Digging gold and clearing streams,
Yet all I want from you is to lay with me,
Beneath the night sky and count the stars.
All I need is you for me; all I have is me for you.
I will give you all I have in me,
And I will try until I give you that too, what I might not have.
I will cross the oceans, walk the miles,
You say a word and I will make it happen,
I will take your pain; I will take your worries,
But I will never burden you with mine.

I want to spend my whole life and after,
sitting in your feet, staring at you, watching you talk,
My soul basks in the light of your thoughts.
I find myself, lose myself and find again
and I dont know if I am you or you are me!
Your words are food for my soul
In your presence, it grows
and in your absence, it withers, scatters away like a broken Rose.  

I kiss the floor where you step,
And I walk the path you might have strolled,
I see your face in every face
I hear your voice in every voice
Every time I have to take a name, I end up taking yours 
Every morning I wake up with your thoughts
Every night I close my eyes and find you standing there
And every single poem, every song, every word I write
I write for you !
Without your memories,
my pens are broken and my pages blank....

But still there are not enough ways for me to love you,
Love you, as much as I want to.
There are not enough words to say,
What I feel for you, in my every breath

All I have is a million reasons,
And not a word to tell you why. 


2 comments:

  1. This is the most BEAUTIFUL peice of writing i have ever read. Better than wordsworth n keats. Honest n sincere n from the heart. Simply beautiful.
    I didnt want it to end.
    Write a vows part 2 nazish
    P.s. He's a lucky man

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks babe! but I must say, Keats is ... Keats :) I love that guy. And about Vows part 2, yea! any thing for you.

    ReplyDelete