Monday 2 April 2012

Angel of the Cemetery


My Words,
My blank, meaningless words
Leafless trees of the cemetery
Hopeless Shadows of the dark
Moonless, endless nights,
Sky, deprived of the stars

My Words,
Wallowing widows
Dressed all black
Their tangled hair 
scuffing their faces like claws of the witches
Sobbing tearless,
Moaning the living gone

My Words
These vultures
Drooling fervently,
waiting for the heart to beat its last beat
waiting, to trumpet the end of the misery
End of the breath that started it all

My Words,
These dried oceans of hope
Graves of memories,
Lived in the sonnets
Wrapped in the verses
Buried in the notes

My Words
These sculptures of stoned emotions
Crucified feelings
Hanging on the cross
disgraced, shameless little bastards
Culprits of the soul

My Words
My meaningless, senseless words
echo in the graveyard
ringing in the ears of the dead
my words, 
The only thing said
The only voice heard


No comments:

Post a Comment