Saturday 16 June 2012

Rebellion - Chapter II

"And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, as well as the difference of your languages and colors. In these, there are signs for people of knowledge". (30:22)


"Oh humankind! We created you from a single pair of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, so that you may know each other (not that ye may despise each other). Verily the most honored among you in the sight of Allah is he who is the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things)" (49:13).




In search of destination, somewhere along the road I lost the will and I lost the longing. I broke into a thousand stars and lost the sun. 

Each star choose its own destination and the universe surrounded itself in chaos. Darkness became its whole and light was scattered in mere grains; tiny sparks flew around, turned into ash and got swallowed by the night. 

I sat on the last step of the stairs and lit a cigarette; another spark, some more ash lead to the dark end. I thought of the previous night when Harry knocked at my door and I found my feet frozen. He kept knocking and I kept still, wanting to open the door for him with a crippled desire. I didn't move and he did not leave. The night passed at a cloud's pace and another succeeded. 

My eyes were following the paths of smoke, chasing it to the belly of night when I was startled by an old man standing opposite to me. He smiled. He asked me "do you mind if I join you"? Another uninvited guest.... But with Harry gone, any company seemed good. He sat right next to me on the last step and followed my eyes, chasing the smoke. 

We sat there quietly, starring in the dark, My cigarette was the first to die out of the three of us, I put it to rest. The old man was still smiling at me, so I broke the ice. 

"I won't ask who you are since you are already here anyways. How about you tell me what brought you here?"

His voice, seemed somewhat familiar. He said: "I guide those who seek my approval. I guide them to the paths of peace, lead them out of darkness into the light by my leave, and guide them in a straight path".

His answer got me thinking. I asked "But as much as I recall. I didn't ask for any one's approval. I don't understand. I think you probably messed up the address or something. You are in the wrong house".

He shook his head, "I am the one who is never wrong. Why do you think you didn't open the door last night? The rainbow shrank to black, white and brown, the wings but no sky, the branches of the same tree...etc etc etc ... rings a bell?"

Still baffled and hesitant, I said "yeaaaaa .... It does"

The sparks were flying all around us. The light was making patterns I couldn't recognize but were there. 

He spoke, his voice, thick as the shade of an old tree, the echo spread in all dimensions. 

"You questioned, so you shall be answered"!



No comments:

Post a Comment