Monday 18 June 2012

The Alchemy of Becoming: Transition


I wasn’t supposed to be there where I was. This is all I know. But I was there.

I felt the strong pull of moon and my heart rose to it. My eyes fixed at someone, someone I wasn’t able to see through the glass wall, the corridor in between and another glass wall. I had no reason and I had no desire yet, my eyes whispered to the heart, whispers that I did not understand. I kept telling myself that I had no reason and I had no desire but somehow every time I found my eyes staring in the same direction, not knowing what they wanted to see. The more he was obscure, the strongest the attraction grew. He was someone I knew, in an unknown world. The power, the magnetism numbed every other thought, logic and reasoning. He was a path, a journey calling my name, a voice that silenced every other sound around me. Slowly, I watched my surroundings fade and dissolve until all I could see was the path. Mesmerized, I took my first step towards it. Something in me knew I was headed for the end of what I knew and as I knew it. But it was where I was meant to be.

With each step I took, the grains of sand started to fall in the bottomless hourglass. The degeneration was set in motion; it began a journey of betrayal, revolution and identification. Every atom of my body vibrated to the resonance, to break free. A journey of soulless fission raised a power strong enough to destroy everything in its path. The long nights of the inextinguishable fire left me writhing but left no burn marks. I caged the hurricane in my ribs and it sent my thoughts shrieking, echoing from ear to ear. All I could do, all I did was put my hands on my ears and scream. 

For days and days, the only words that came out of my mouth were screams. The suffering seemed to have no end until every particle of my body broke free; dust in dust, water in water, air in air and fire in fire.

I looked around, all I saw was infinity and all I heard was silence. I reached there, where  'I'  seized to exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment