Saturday 23 June 2012

Laila


You ask me of love, my friend
But what I know of love is little.
For I never found a reason for love,
And in his presence, I never thought.
I surrendered my wisdom and placed it at his feet
and dropped on my knees.

I know not of its beauty,
For I bowed my head and lowered my gaze
and never dared to look at the sight that I could not endure.

I know not of the desire,
For all I wished for and all I asked, was his wish
and I found my wish in fulfilling his.

I know not of the pain,
For my blood only poured to yield
and my wounds blossomed.

I know not of the loneliness,
For the walls, the floor and the roof, sing to me
I open my eyes to his thoughts and I sleep with his dreams.

I know not of the distances,
For I live in the heart of love
and it is where I have made my home.

I know not of the possession
For I found love to be free
And I know I cannot hold the breeze in my fist.

I know not of the silence,
For when I stare at the moon, I find it staring back
And we speak in the wordless whispers through the night.

I know not of the broken hearts,
For I found love to be indestructible,
And I found the lover,
invincible.


2 comments: