Thursday 31 May 2012

To Love Like Him


When my hands are empty and my heart grieved,
The wounds that nothing can heal,
I look up to you ...
I bring you the broken toy that no child would play with,
The land, no farmer would plow,
You take my worthless pebbles and return me with gold.
I wonder how you do what you do!

You take my pain and keep my sorrows,
You touch and turn my tears to pearls,
Never asked me once, to return what is yours,
Even though, I am yours too...
I wonder how you do what you do!

I run, I fall, I play with dirt,
I hear you calling my name out loud,
Too eager to play I turn a deaf ear
but when I come back home crying, bruised and hurt,
You run to me, You pick me up.
I wonder how you do what you do!
  
I let loose the reins of my heart,
I bow in temples, I kneel in the mosques.
I play in the holy water, like sparrow on a summer afternoon...
Yet, Where ever I go, Where ever I pray,
I end up finding you there.
I wonder how you do what you do!

I know, all you want from me is to be yours
And yet, you let me go away as far I want to go.
Though, all it would take for you is a word "happen"
and it will, before the blink of an eye.
Still you never choose your will over mine...
You wait for me to come to you,
Even if it means eternity.

I am dazzled, I am amazed,
by the million ways you have loved me, 
and a million more...
My Lord, You taught me how to Love! 

1 comment:

  1. Nazish fatima Syed31 May 2012 at 16:26

    This is truly divine..i love it

    ReplyDelete