Monday 7 January 2013

The Forbidden Tree


I was born a fighter
So many a times,
I stared in the eyes of death
Like it was just another face of life

I was born strong
to be a seed that grows
not only in the mud, but in the sand
and bears flowers, even in the hearts of stones

I was born free
Free from the chains of beliefs
The masked realities
Beyond the limits, I could see
The universe was my country
And the world, my city


I was born brave


but slowly then,

The forbidden tree spread its roots
Secretly, making their way to me
Swiftly, crawling up my feet
Fastening my legs
Tightening around my arms
Chocking my neck

Its poisonous fruit
Dripped the drop of fear
in my thoughts
And I learned to be afraid

Afraid, of the known

Forever my lips were sealed
And,
my tongue buried
Under the weight of recognition

No comments:

Post a Comment