Saturday 21 July 2012

Resturant


I keep sitting on the chair across the table
A table for two, in a restaurant
The lights are dim, the sounds circle
And the faces before me keep on changing
I try to recall what their names were
And it’s already too late to ask again
I have no clue who I am with today
And I have no memory who was there before

I don’t know what they have been saying
Their voices sound so far and distant
My words fall out without a meaning
And leave no traces on my soul
Yet, I am here and I am talking
And I smile at them, to make it sure
My eyes fail to catch up with my lips
And my mind is too crowded to take any notes
Yet I am here, and I am talking
And people come, and people go

There is a painting of a Chinese fisherman
Hanging opposite to me on the wall
And the ceiling is all painted black
The walls around me, dark red

Everything seems to be moving in circles
And I am watching along with the walls
These walls, may have seen many faces
And I may have seen... even more
The voices might have echoed through these walls, 
trying hard to get across
But the walls … are walls!

So, I am watching along with them
I have no clue who I am with today
And I have no memory who was there before

I am a silent part of the background
Peeking through the fisherman’s eyes
Echoing the noise of forks and spoons...
And the words, that hit the walls of my heart
I watch over them all black, like the ceiling
dead, deep inside

People come, People go
People come, People go
I am no man’s home













2 comments: