Saturday 7 July 2012

The Proposal

I am selling a clock that doesn't tick but they are offering me a good price.

I seek forgetfulness and they are giving me thoughts to force inside my head so that I wont think the new ones and I wont think about the old.

My truth has returned home, voice less and degraded. They are giving me lies, with a voice and words that are heard, respected and believed.

They are letting me borrow a skin that I can wear so that I am no longer nude.

My chest aches so I put my hand inside my ribs to grab and pull my heart out. My hand... came out empty. I found nothing. They say they will take 'nothing'. We are all people with hollow chests.


2 comments:

  1. Very painful, yet true to the core...its not for everyone to understand this dear..maybe people like Andrew will....
    Love you dear and wish you to remain the true and real person that you are, even if life brings you to stand among the heartless..Just stand tall...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete