Thursday 29 December 2011

Waiting for War

 “WASHINGTON: The United States has offered to send a team to Pakistan to brief the military on the findings of its investigation into the NATO raid, the State Department said. “We accept responsibility for mistakes committed by the US side in the NATO air strike incident” that led to the death of 24 Pakistani soldiers, the department’s deputy spokesman Mark Toner told a briefing.”

I filed the News, just copied mailed to those concerned. Did I think about it, I don’t remember. Constant exposure to any feeling can make one emotionally numb.

I sit in the last corner of the hall the feeling is though different than being the last passenger on the bus. My workstation faces wall… It’s cruel interior designing. In front of me are rows and rows of files, wall to wall. Gladly I never have to open them, they are the closed cases. I have pinned some useless important looking papers on my desk too; they make me believe that I work. Though pretty much everyone knows that I don’t get work until there is some ‘untoward incident’. Somehow, I can now understand why soldiers are waiting for wars.

No comments:

Post a Comment