Tuesday 26 June 2012

Banyan Tree


Hey Old Man,
I wonder how you are.
It’s been five years,
Since you picked my call
I don’t know how you look
but everyday I feel you in my blood
I don’t know where you live
but you are never gone from my heart
I dial you again, though you didn’t answer the last…

If only you will pick my call,
I will tell you,
That I never let you down
Though there wasn’t ever a thing that you asked of me
But I know it will make you see me as who I am, what I have become
May be we can find it now,
The one thing that you and me never had before

If only you will pick my call…
I won’t question the past, for it is past
I won’t complain about what is gone
I won’t ask you to give me anything
As I do know, that my house isn’t your home
But hey Old man,
Just tell me do you think of me?
Do you feel the rush of blood calling my name?
Do you wonder how I am and where I have been?
Tell me for once, do I mean anything….?

If only you will pick my call…
I promise I won’t cry
Even If my heart shatters at the sound of your voice
I will hold still, I won’t let you pity me
And you will only hear my smile!

If only you will pick my call…
I want you to know
That my eyes are like yours
Sad and deep
That when I smile
It reminds me of your laughter, carefree
That even though I don’t have your name lingering at the end of mine,
But in my mind
I say it every time
Someone takes my name!

If only you will pick my call…
It won’t be long, just a minute or few
Don't tell me you will return my call
Don't put me on hold, 

For you need to know
How much we are alike,
it surprises me.

Just take my call, 
For you need to know, 
the pencil you gave me when I was five
It still works like new
And that I held on to it, all this time.

If only you will pick my call
I want to tell you
I wonder if we will meet again
When I look at someone your age
It worries me to think of your health
I know you have grown older
And time is not trustable
I fear losing you,
I fear losing what I never had …
If only you will pick my call

So I am dialing one more time…



5 comments:

  1. Right from the first line, I saw it with emotions you wrote. Old man will pick up your call, trust and hope is all we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks ! but here is the fun part, "Harry" picked up :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter what number I dial or what name I call, I always end up being stuck with Harry. Its probably the 'sins of the father' all over again. We keep going in circles, me and Harry. It never ends. I am kind of getting fond of that bastard.
    It amuses me.

    P.S. and that is what a month in isolation does to you :p haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nazish fatima Syed4 July 2012 at 17:31

    Beautiful Pavon..i feel the pain in every word...

    ReplyDelete